Download and install 3D Slicer
- Latest stable Slicer release is recommended to use for SlicerRT.
These packages for Windows, Mac, and Linux can be downloaded from the 3D Slicer download page.
- Nightly Slicer builds can be used to access cutting edge Slicer features (the installed SlicerRT is still the officially released version).
These packages can be downloaded from the nightly dashboard (click on the yellow box icon next to the build corresponding to your platform and use the link provided there).
Note: Nightly builds may fail from time to time. If the current nightly is missing, it is possible to see builds from previous days.
- Start 3D Slicer
- Open Extension Manager
- Install SlicerRT
To run 3D Slicer you need the following configuration (SlicerRT extensions do not have any additional requirement):
- Computer with a 64-bit operating system [required]. Note that Windows executables are created for 32-bit systems, but they are not suitable for any work that involves loading and processing of more than one volumetric image.
- Minimum 6GB RAM [recommended for optimal performance]
- Dedicated nVidia GPU with 1GB RAM [recommended for 3D graphics display performance]. Note that integrated graphics cards are very slow compared to dedicated ones.
- Quad-core intel processor [recommended for optimal processing speed]