Download and install 3D Slicer
- Latest stable Slicer release is recommended to use for SlicerRT.
These packages for Windows, Mac, and Linux can be downloaded from the 3D Slicer download page.
- Preview Slicer builds can be used to access cutting edge Slicer features
These packages can be downloaded from the same the download page.
Note: Preview builds may fail from time to time. In that case the last successful preview build is available.
- Start 3D Slicer
- Open Extension Manager
- Install SlicerRT
To run 3D Slicer you need the following configuration (SlicerRT extensions do not have any additional requirement):
- Computer with a 64-bit operating system [required]
- Minimum 8GB RAM [recommended for optimal performance]
- Dedicated nVidia GPU with 1GB RAM [recommended for 3D graphics display performance]. Note that integrated graphics cards are very slow compared to dedicated ones.
- Quad-core intel processor [recommended for optimal processing speed]